It's the time of year when we all like to indulge a little - Rover included. But holiday favorites such as chocolate and rich foods can be harmful for our dogs. These homemade treats are dog-friendly and delicious, with a hint of seasonal flare. Make some for your special dog and more to share with its canine friends.
Pumpkin Peanut Butter Treats
- 2 1/2 cups whole wheat or barley flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Nummy Tum-Tum Organic Pumpkin for Dogs
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Stir dry ingredients in medium bowl. In separate bowl, whisk together eggs, pumpkin, and peanut butter. Add egg mixture to flour mixture and knead thoroughly. Dough should be dry and stiff; add small amounts of water as needed to make it workable. Roll dough into half-inch thickness and cut into half-inch pieces, using knife or cookie cutters.
- Bake about 40 minutes, or until hard and dry.